Sunday, October 25, 2009

A new beginning

Where can I start or shall I just jump right in??

After more than two years away from blogging, I have decided to re-enter this world to keep in touch with friends and family and to share our aventures in the most beautiful place on earth. An adventure we have lovingly named, Operation Pond Jump.

Operation Pond Jump started back in July of this year when Chris was offered a new opportunity working on Vancouver Island. This job had many benefits both professionally and personally, but the most inticing to us as a couple would be the new life, quieter and slower pace of life, living in one of the most beautiful places in our province, the capital, or I would beg to say, best in our country - - Victoria!

Without much hesitation, we made the decision to go ahead with no looking back. Our little suite was packed up in two weeks and Chris was off to Victoria to start a new adventure. This came with much heartache of the distance we would have between us; but a challenge and a time of growing. I have not able to join him full time so for the past three months. I continue to commute to Victoria on weekends and enjoyed every bit of my time spent on BC Ferries (so long as I was Island bound and heading to see my honey!!) Yes, even when I have to wait 6-7 hours for the ferry, when a vessel breaks down or, say, catches fire!

For those of you who are wondering, we have moved into a cute and quaint one bedroom basement suite in the Westshore of Victoria. We love the community, the people, and the Island lifestyle. To say I am in love, is an understatement.

Who long will I commute? Well, it won't be forever. After my car accident in May I have suffered a great deal of back and neck pain and more recently the headaches and discomfort is increasing and becoming more unbearable. Eventually a decision will have to be made, but we trust in God and know he has a plan; a very perfect plan, and we hold onto his promises for us.

As I write this, I am sitting at Starbucks, my next favourite place on earth. My favourite person next to me; dreaming of life here in Victoria and 2 to 5 years down the road sharing this with little ones (four legged or two legged creatures). Only time will tell. One thing I have come to love about this town is the free WIFI. Oh yes, and the summer farm market which unfortuantley is packed up for the season until the Spring of 2010. The people are friendly, welcoming, and we we have been blessed with a great church family.

There is something magical about this place and experiencing the Island life, as and Island girl in the making. I have often joked in the past weeks that I am almost there...the curly out of control hair, the birkenstalks, now I need my wool socks and ragged mismatched, patterned bag and/or skirt. Don't expect this Island girl to lose the nails or the makeup though, we can't ask too much after all!

This Island life is magical thats for sure, but there is something that makes it even more serene and appreciated; Autumn. The trees surrounding our house and down the Island highway, the colours of red, yellow and orange springing up around me. They bring a simple smile to my face. Words don't even come to my mouth to explain the beauty I see around me this time of year. All I can do is gaze and its beauty, take a deep breath and enjoy the moment and yet still there is so much thankfullness in my heart for this life I have been given. It is a reminder of God's beauty, his unfailing goodness, and his ability to take what we consider simple and make it turn it into something magnificent, beautiful, extraordinary to say the least.

As I sit here in my chair, sipping on my quad, grande, long pour, extra hot, 2 pump sugar-free vanilla, american misto (also known as an Africano to other South Island coffee shops!); I look out the window and glance over my shoulder to see Chris reading the local paper "homes" edition. Dreaming ....

Stay tuned. . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment